Start your morning with a fun twist on breakfast classics – Breakfast Corndogs! Delicious sausage links are coated in a golden pancake batter, fried to perfection, and served with a drizzle of sweet maple syrup. These handheld delights are a playful and satisfying way to kick-start your day. Whether you enjoy them on the go or indulge in a cozy breakfast at home, these Breakfast Corndogs will bring a smile to your face. Dip, devour, and enjoy every delightful bite!
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Total Time
- 12oz sausage links
- Pancake mix- 2 cups worth of batter
- Oil for frying
- Maple syrup
- Begin by cooking your sausage links. I would recommend doing this whatever way you usually do. Here I’m going to bake my in the oven at 400°F for 15 minutes. You don’t have to worry about turning them since they’re just going to get covered in pancake batter. Also, this step can be done as far as a day in advanced so if you have leftover sausage links, this is a great way to put a spin on a classic breakfast snack!
- Once the sausage is done, make sure you pat them dry really good with paper towel. You want all the excess grease and moisture removed from the exterior.
- Next, you’re going to take your corndog stick or popsicle stick and push it right through the center of your sausage link lengthwise until you see it coming through the top. You can pull back slightly so your stick is not exposed.
- Once you have all your sausage links on the sticks, set them aside and prepare your pancake batter. For this I like to just use store-bought pancake batter, but you can also use your favorite homemade recipe. If using store-bought, simply follow the instructions on the box. I like to slowly add the liquid because you want the batter thicker than normal, so it stays on the sausage. You will not need to use the full amount of liquid that the box instructs you to use.
- In a heavy bottom skillet, add your vegetable oil and heat up till about 350F. You could use a thermometer, so you know when it is nice and hot.
- Once the oil is hot, dip your sausage on a stick into the pancake batter allowing the excess to drip off and then slowly place into your hot oil. Fry for 45-60 seconds, flipping halfway through so that both sides are nice and golden brown.
- Once golden, remove from the oil and place on a dish lined with paper towel or on a cooling rack, allowing them to drain completely.