Brunch Butter Board
Brunch. Butter. Boards. Battlestar Galactica. Fans of The Office know imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I went ahead and put a sweet spin on the latest butter board trend for you all to copy.
Brunch Butter Board
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Total Time
- 2 sticks of butter softened, overnight
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Drizzle of good honey
- Sea salt
- Breakfast sausages or bacon
- Store-bought frozen waffles quartered
- Good loaf of crusty bread
- Assorted nuts
- Dried fruit such as raisins or apricots
- Maple syrup for dipping
- Any seasonal fruit
- Smear your butter- Using a butter spreader/knife, smear butter all over your tray or dish. This step does not have to be perfect, but you do want very soft spreadable butter, so I suggest leaving it out on the counter overnight.
- Season your butter- Next you’re going to season your butter with the zest of the orange. Then sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar over top. Drizzle the butter with good honey and finish it off with a pinch of sea salt to bring out the sweet flavor.
- Dip in your butter- Choose your dippers. The options are endless but in this brunch board I used frozen waffles that I toasted and cut into quarters and some good crusty bread that I slightly toasted and cut into strips like the size of French toast sticks.
- Pair with your butter- I also like to find other edible items to pair with the dippers and butter. In this brunch board I selected breakfast sausage and fruit. You can simply use whatever fruit is in season. I like to serve a side of warmed maple syrup on the side so I can swab some butter onto my waffle and then generously dunk into the syrup.
- Choose a tray that will be good to smear butter all over and easy enough to swab your dippers into. I like a dish or tray that does not have any sides.
- Other dipper options could be frozen french toast sticks, mini pancakes, cinnamon rolls, etc.