Transport yourself to a tropical paradise with this iconic cocktail – the Mai Tai! Made with a blend of light rum, Cointreau, freshly squeezed lime juice, and a secret ingredient called orgeat, this vibrant drink is a refreshing burst of island flavors. Top it off with a float of dark rum and garnish with mint, lime, and a cherry for that picture-perfect finishing touch. Sip, relax, and let the tropical vibes take you away. Cheers to paradise in a glass!
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Total Time
Super Easy, 21+
- 1oz light rum
- ½oz Cointreau
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½oz orgeat
- 1oz dark rum
- Mint, lime, and/or cherry for garnish
- Fill your cocktail shaker with ice. Add the light rum, Cointreau, lime juice, and orgeat. Shake vigorously for about 20 seconds.
- Strain and pour into a glass of your choice filled with crushed ice.
- Top with the dark rum. This is a rum floater.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint, lime wedge, a cherry, and/or umbrella.
- Sip responsibly!